Saturday, July 24, 2010

Can Rephresh Cause White Discharge

The Book Thief

Tired of Drama.
Trouble - Never Shout Never.
Dawn.
White Collar.


How long I do not do a review? Uff already forgotten as they made me uu But as this book is worth it and deserve it, I will give my best to write this post:)


The Book Thief of Markuz Zusak.


was once a town where the nights were long and death had its own history.
In the town lived a girl who wanted to read, a man playing the accordion and a young Jew who wrote beautiful stories to escape the horror of war.
After a while, she became a thief who stole books and gave words.
With these words he wrote a beautiful and cruel history that now is an unforgettable novel.




The book takes place during the Second World War, where Liesel and her foster family, the whole issue of Nasismo is very close to them and not just for being Jewish. But despite the setting, the story is about Liesel, her family, adventures and all the vicissitudes of the life of a child who will grow between pumps play, poverty and books. Yes, books (no wonder the title. XD).


The protagonist begins to make the practice why then nicknamed "The Book Thief" when even could read. But with the help of her father brings become a real reader who, over time, discover that words have the power to change the world (for better and, unfortunately, also bad). From one moment to another, there is nothing that causes you more satisfaction to steal a book and it is thanks to them that escapes some of the horror of war. Even , will be a book, one that she wrote the ending saving his life .


That's why if everything goes well during the war, history is about its subject. book is a cruel and fully realistic, yet very peculiar, because the narrator is nothing less than death. interesting "right? :) A narrator that despite the ideas that we cross when we hear his name becomes a great company in history, and with drawings and explanations makes us more bearable the harsh reality.


The characters are well defined from Liesel to Rudy, the sidekick that accompanied all he could. Both make you want and even end up wanting a different ending as they are concerned.



I do not want to spoil, because anything more to add I would forward better things to discover while reading. I can only say that this is a really good book, never boring and is not too heavy yet to read it in bed because it gives much food for thought. Reflections invites you and leaves you wanting to know some more about the time of such horror in history.


Ah! and something called "The Tree of Words is one of the most beautiful things and more certain that I read. Is within the book and read it when they read I say. The words are much stronger than we think, are able to move crowds, changing lives and saving souls. And nothing I say this figuratively. The power of words is something that nobody really has enough conscience ... reading this book made me realize that.


Luck! Spend a beautiful day and, if given the opportunity to read the book, I hope you enjoy it as much as me:)


PS The other day someone said he should be careful with me because it was a book thief ... (I went home and I was so spellbound with a term borrowed library xD) I have never stolen a book, but the idea became appealing as Liesel and I remembered your story:) The funny thing is that he did not even know I was about to finish a book named ... coincidences, I guess hehe


0 comments:

Post a Comment